News

More From News

Hubbub launch anti-litter river campaign

Environmental charity Hubbub will launch a new campaign to target littering in five major UK rivers in May 2020.

The Treasure Your River campaign will undertake litter prevention and clean-up activities for the Rivers Avon, Mersey, ...


Government introduces Environment Bill

The Government has introduced its long-awaited Environment Bill to Parliament.

The Bill includes measures set out to improve air and water quality, tackle plastic pollution and restore habits so plants and wildlife can thrive. It will ...


Waitrose ditches plastic on multibuy cans

Waitrose is trialling the removal of plastic on thousands of multibuy cans across its stores.

Plastic wrap, which holds three or four cans together for convenience, will be removed from four of the supermarket’s bestselling items: ...


Environmental concerns feature heavily in Queen's speech

The Queen spotlighted environmental concerns in her speech at the House of Lords this morning, following a three-day closure of Parliament.

Her Majesty spoke of the government’s goals to improve air and water quality, tackle plastic ...


Biffa calls for ban on waste plastic exports

Biffa has called for a ban on exports of waste plastic as part of a drive to boost plastics recycling in the UK.

In a report released on 11 October, Plastic Surgery: Managing Waste Plastics, the recycler recommended that the UK recycle ...


Carlsberg develops paper beer bottle

Carlsberg has developed two new prototypes of its Green Fibre Bottle, what it claims to be the world’s first ‘paper bottle’ for beer.

Both are fully recyclable and made from sustainably sourced wood fibres with an inner barrier, with one ...


Environment Agency announces net zero target by 2030

The Environment Agency (EA) has announced its aim of becoming a net zero organisation by 2030.

The organisation plans to reduce its emissions by 45% and address the remaining 55% through measures such as tree planting. To achieve this ...




Ocean Cleanup device successfully clears marine litter

The Ocean Cleanup has announced that its plastic-catching ocean system is working successfully to clear marine litter.

Following a year of testing, the organisation has confirmed that its self-contained System 001/B is efficiently ...

Most read