Fire breaks out at north Devon recycling centre

Written by: Editorial staff | Published:
Early indications are that the fire could have been caused by a battery

Dozens of firefighters have been tackling a fire at a recycling centre in North Devon this morning.

Two fire appliances from Barnstaple and Bideford were sent to the fire at the North Devon Council Environment Centre at Brynsworthy, Roundswell.

The fire was deep-seated within five tonnes of plastic waste but has now been put out.

A North Devon Council spokesperson said early indications are that the fire could have been caused by a battery.

The environmental protection unit and support appliance from South Molton were also sent.

The council said recycling crews were likely to be delayed on their collections due to the fire.


This material is protected by MA Business Ltd copyright.
See Terms and Conditions.

Comments
Name
 
Email
 
Comments
 

Please view our Terms and Conditions before leaving a comment.